Monday 1 August 2011

These boots were made for walking.

I'm a country girl.... some may even call me a redneck, but I don't care.  Love the bush, love country music and I lllloovveee country boys!

I have owned riding boots since I was about 15.  I've been through a few since then thanks to wear and tear, and a close encounter with a campfire! 

My current boots, I have had since 2004.  They've been to a few B&S balls, some rodeos, plenty of ute shows and they were with me through three pregnancies, a marriage and a separation. 

I don't think they are going to make the divorce though.  They have had it, much like my marriage.

For the last three years, I've been saying that I should take them to be resoled.  It's now past that stage.  They are well and truly stuffed.  You can see my toes through one boot and the sole of my foot,  or my sock, through the other one. 

I just can't bear to throw them out.  They are so comfy and they are very practical and I just love them.  I am wearing them right now, for the last time. 


Is there anything in your wardrobe that you can't part with?

No comments:

Post a Comment