Saturday 13 August 2011

Reality Check.

I have spent most of the last 24 hours struggling with being a Mother.  My three children have been pressing my buttons, and not the good ones.  At one stage, I felt like running out the door and not coming home for a few days.

My feelings changed tonight though when I heard the news about Daniel Morcombe.  Finally, after almost eight heartbreaking years, the Police have got their man. 

For eight years, Denise and Bruce Morcombe, along with their two remaining sons, have longed to hear Daniel scream "no", or to shrug his shoulders when asked a question.  They have longed for him to mumble under his breath and storm to his room, or for him to leave his dirty dishes on the lounge room floor. 

Daniel has been gone for eight years.  Eight years of no cuddles, no kisses, no "I love you Mum and Dad"... nothing. 

So, tonight, I am extremely aware of how lucky I am to be a Mummy to three beautiful, spirited, happy and healthy babies who I love with all my heart, and who are safe and sound, tucked up in their beds.

The Morcombe family are forever in my thoughts.  I only wish I could hold them in my arms tonight and over the coming days, weeks and months.

Rest In Peace Daniel, you are loved by so many.

2 comments: