Wednesday 31 August 2011

What do you think?

The old lady across the road died on Friday.

She kept to herself so I didn't know her name.  I would wave to her if we were outside at the same time, but that was it.

There would often be someone there picking her up to take her to the Doctor or to the shops, but other then that, she didn't have many visitors.

Once her body was taken away in the early afternoon, cars started arriving.  With trailers.  And boxes.  It is now Wednesday and cars are still coming and going, taking along her belongings.  People that I have never seen before. 

I don't know.... it just seems in bad taste.  I know when my Nanna died, we sorted through her house the day after her funeral because we lived interstate so it had to be done then and there.  That seemed too soon but, it had to be done.

But, the same day?! 

It seems disrespectful. 

Apart from me being the Mrs Mengel of my street, what is your view on it?  Do you think it's a bit strange?

2 comments:

  1. I think its all too common, no one comes to see them when they are alive but as soon as they die its lets see how much stuff we can get before such and such comes

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with Mummyvamp's Musings.

    ReplyDelete