Sunday 7 August 2011

I turned 32 yesterday. 

As I get older, I am starting to realise that Birthday's aren't as special anymore.  Friends and family have their own problems and their own lives to live and sometimes people forget, or don't have the time, to wish you a happy day.  I love Birthday's, mine and other peoples.  I love to spoil, and I love getting spoilt!

I woke up yesterday morning not expecting much fanfare.  With my eldest child not quite six, I wasn't expecting much attention from my babies.  I informed them it was my Birthday, and was rewarded with a cuddle from Liam, a kiss from Joseph and Clancy called me "Mummy" for the very first time, after calling me "Mum-Mum" and "Mem" for months.  They then demanded breakfast and wondered where my cake was! Bless them!  The little cherubs also gave me a beautiful ring from The Silver Shop.  They have exquisite taste, I must say.  Well, alright, I went and got it myself a couple of weeks ago and made Mum hide it until my Birthday.  Oh, alright, I wore it out for my dinner and drinks last weekend THEN I made her hide it.  I was also given my very first "Happy Birthday Mummy" card that I didn't have to pick out myself, or leave very heavy hints for.  Perfect.

Mum cooked me French toast for breakfast and gave me a beautiful card with a lotto ticket inside.  Then it was time for lunch at Aunty Rob's where we had my all time favourite meal, roast beef and yorkshire pudding with all the trimmings! Weight Watchers, what Weight Watchers?! Dessert followed, which was Strawberry Romanoff.  We all remarked that I had the exact same birthday meal six years earlier, when I was heavily pregnant with Liam! 


I was then roped in to going to a trivia night with Dad and Aunty Robyn, where we tied to come first WOO HOO!! I'm still kicking myself that I didn't know the Adele question though... after raving about her for weeks, you'd think I'd know what her albums were called!

The final thing that made my day and the most overwhelming, was the many Birthday wishes that I received on Facebook.  People tease me and shake their head at the amount of time that I spend on Facebook and wonder why I rave about my "Facebook friends" but yesterday proved to me why I love it so much.  Friends that I have never met in person, and probably never will, took the time to wish me a wonderful day.  People that I have not seen for years told me that they were thinking about  me.  People left comments for me that made me realise that they do think of me.  Every single post from every single person, touched my heart in a way that I cannot describe.


I went to bed last night feeling very loved, and not feeling any older then the day before.

Now excuse me while I go off to admire my new bling (I will post a pic tomorrow).

1 comment:

  1. As you know, that day is very special to me too, but not just because it reminds me of how much I love my gorgeous man. Its special because it is the day that a very precious friend is showered with love too. So glad you have a good birthday x

    ReplyDelete