Saturday 20 August 2011

Bit of this, bit of that.

My babies all slept in past 8am this morning! This is unheard of in my little family so I was very impressed.  I lay in my bed for a while savouring the peace and quiet and thinking about random things.  I got to thinking about scars somehow, don't ask me how, because I don't know.

How many scars do you have?  I only have a few.

I have one on my left wrist where my darling brother burnt me with a cigarette.  It is a perfect circle.  Whenever I see it, I am immediately transported to the day it happened.  It was a great day, apart from the cigarette burn of course.

I also have one on my right wrist from Grade 7 camp.  Me being me, tripped over a log and fell flat on my face.  I also used to have a scar on my right leg from the same incident but it has disappeared.  Again, whenever I spot the scar, I am transported back to that day.

My favourite scar of all time is my caesarean scar.  It has been opened three times to bring my babies into the world and to introduce me to the awe of Motherhood.  The scar has caused me a few  problems here and there but I forgive it every time for what it represents.  Whenever it tingles, I instantly hear the noises and see the theatre of the days that my babies arrived here on Earth.  Amazing. 

I also have a few emotional scars on my poor old heart.  Most have faded and I can only see them if I am lying in bed at night, feeling alone.  It won't be long though until they have disappeared for good.  I have scars on my heart for family members who are lost to me forever and scars for my beautiful friends who have suffered unimaginable loss.  They will always be there.


Moving on.

Joe is having his 4th Birthday party tomorrow.  I am sick of course, and he is a bit under the weather as well.  Doesn't matter though because we are going to have F.U.N!! I am known for my over catering for the kids parties, and have quite a reputation for the amount of lollies I buy.  I am happy to say that I have not disappointed again this year.  I'm sure tomorrow night, I will be cursing the lollies and the effect they have on my children, and I will be getting cursed by the other parents at the party as well no doubt.  *giggles*  I have so much to do today but all I want to do is curl up and sleep.  The 473ml of Red Bull that I have just now consumed hasn't kicked in yet and I am wondering if it will.  Let's hope so!  Aunty Mo is making Joe a race track cake, I can't wait to see it!!

Only two more sleeps until my baby boy is 4, it is hard to believe!


Clancy has been my latest talker but she is sure making up for it now!! I love the way she says "Mummy", it is sort of like "Mmmmuuuuummmmaaaaaaayyyy" hehehe.  Cute!  She is starting to use a few small sentences now, usually telling off one of her slaves.  I can't believe she is almost two, it only seems like yesterday that I was standing in the Doctor's Surgery in shock staring at the positive pregnancy test.


Liam "loved" his very first disco! He spent about 3 minutes on the dance floor, clinging to me and one of his Teacher's the whole time but he loved the canteen!  I think his money was burning a whole in his new wallet, the amount of times he went up there and came back remarking that "they gave me back more money"!! 


OK, I've rambled on enough now, sorry about that!

2 comments:

  1. Merry, I've just caught up on your posts here in The Merry Times, and I think you are a special person. I hope you and I get to meet in person one day, because I think our kids would get on famously, and you and I would have some serious laughs over a bottle of wine or vodka :P Please keep writing. It inspires me to do the same. Lotsa luv, Kirstine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, thank you so much Kirstine. I would love to meet you in person one day as well... with vodka hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete