Friday 5 August 2011

What now?

My baby girl will be 23 months on Sunday.  A month off two.  She is already a toddler, sometimes terrible, sometimes heart achingly cute. 

She is my last baby, unless I meet someone in the next three years who wants to procreate with me.  Not liking my chances with that one though! 

I remember after I got married and I had the two boys, I thought "what now"?  What was going to happen in my life now?  I was married, I had my babies and we even had a house to call our own.  What could possibly happen next?

Shit loads evidently.  A separation, only to find out a week later that I was pregnant! Now I am getting ready to file for divorce and my surprise pregnancy is running around saying "mine", "no" and "cuggles".  I no longer own a home and live at with my Mum in her home.


It goes to show that you never know what is in store for you.  I obviously never envisaged a divorce in my future, but I'm glad now that there is one.  I always hoped to have another baby after the boys, so that was a wonderful surprise and she is a true blessing.  When I was in my early 20s, I never saw myself owning a home, or wanting to own one.  Now, I ache for a place for the kids and I to call our own. 

It is my birthday tomorrow and tonight I have been reflecting on my life so far.

I've had some wonderful ups and some terrible downs and I am now ready to face the future and whatever it may bring.

Future, if you are reading this, I would like a hunky man and lots of money. 

Happy 23 Months to my Clancy Pants for Sunday.  I hope the next month goes very slow xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for tomorrow and when one door closes a window opens in future I'm sure you will get a new house of your very own and it will be much better then the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MV, that means a lot! xx

    ReplyDelete