Monday 25 July 2011

Money, money, money.

Tomorrow, Centrelink are paying me a nice sum of money thanks to me over estimating on FTB.  This is the only way I can save money.  When I was working, I also paid extra tax because I am hopeless.  If I find $2, I have to spend it.  It is like it is burning a hole in my pocket, or my pretty pink purse.  I don't usually buy stuff for myself, usually it is for the kids.  But I like to spend. 

Serious Meredith is saying to me "Now, Meredith,  listen to me.  Listen to me Meredith.  *shakes head*  When this money hits your account, the first thing you must do is pay some bills young lady.  I will write out a list for you, so you know how much to pay who.  Then you can head down to school and daycare and pay some fees in advance.  Don't look at me like that!! Then you can book your holiday that you are taking the kids and Mum on.  After that, you can head down to Big W and K Mart and put some money on those ridiculous lay bys.  I don't know why you insist on buying the kids so many toys for Christmas, it is beyond me.  While you are at the shops, you may as well get the groceries.  If there is anything left, I will allow you to buy yourself a Boost smoothie for being such a good girl.  Only a small one mind you. 

Fun Meredith is saying to me "OMG Merry, OMG OMG OMG!! We are going to have SO much fun with this money! Now, what you need to do is get Liam off to school then take the other two shopping! WOO HOO!! Get yourself a new outfit for the girls night out on Saturday night.  While you're at it, get yourself some new shoes and a handbag as well! Book into a hair salon and get your hair done nice for Saturday night as well.  You deserve it!  Now, the kids will be whinging by now, so buy them some toys because they hardly have any, then shout yourselves to something naughty for lunch, hell, even have dessert!  Oooohhhh, then you can book that awesome holiday that you and the kids are taking Mum on and book Mum in for a massage and facial while you're at it!  Then, on Wednesday, shout the whole family out to lunch at Fibbers for Rump Wednesday.  After that, you can go and buy all the kids birthday presents, then you better put some money on the lay by's I guess, to keep boring Meredith happy.  Hmmm... what else, what else? Oooh you can take Sylvia, your beloved car, through the carwash and book her in for a detail after her service on Friday.  Oh there is so much more we could do Merry *happy dance happy dance*.



What am I to do? Listen to Serious Meredith or Fun Meredith?  A mixture of both perhaps?  No use telling me to save some for a rainy day because that just isn't going to happen.

What are you like with money?  Are you a fantastic budgeter or are you like me and.... not?

3 comments:

  1. I is serious Meredith!
    I am telling you to make sure you pay your bills and put some money towards your layby's and holiday.
    You will kick yourself later when you don't have enough money otherwise.
    Then and only then you may have fun with the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with TJC. Use it for what you must do and if there's some left over, then treat yourself. xoxox

    Oh, and I don't know that you need a new outfit. I've seen you wear quite a nifty pair of pyjamas that might do the trick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat when it comes to money so I'm going to tell you what I make myself do

    PAY THE BILLS trust me you will thank yourself later when you don't have debt collectors knocking on your door.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete