Wednesday 20 July 2011

A first world problem.

As I sit here and watch my almost 4 year old do the vacuuming for me (he volunteered, honestly), I am missing something very important, something that I love and hold very dear in my life.

My iPhone.

This is only the second time I have been without my beloved since it came into my possession 13 months ago.  The first time was thanks to my darling daughter, who decided to throw my beloved across the room, which resulted in a very cracked screen.  Over two weeks later, my beloved had been replaced and all was well in my little world again.

Until last week.

I am the first to admit that I am clumsy.  If there is a step to fall up or down,  I'm your girl.  Add to the mix, three children, and my poor old iPhone has had a hard life.  Last week, it decided to flash up odd messages about foreign accessories being connected to it, when it wasn't connected to anything at all.  I took to Facebook and pleaded with my friends for help.  I did all they suggested, including rebooting it and blowing in the charger part.  No bananas.  It got worse and worse until I had to admit defeat and admitted it to iPhone hospital yesterday.  They can't tell me what they are going to do with it.  They told me I had to wait for 10 working days, with no visits, until there is a diagnosis.

So, here I am, 24 hours into being apart from my beloved and I am not coping.  My apps, my sweet apps.  Facebook.  Twitter.  The weather.  Hotmail.  It isn't good.  I couldn't sleep last night because my night time routine involves playing Scrabble and Solitaire on my beloved before I fall asleep. I am pining. 

Now I am doing the housework (well, the almost 4 year old is) and I usually have it tucked down my bra so I can check what's going on in the world while waiting for kettles to boil and washing to finish.  I feel so empty. I don't know if I can continue with the housework.  I really don't.


Have you ever been without something that while not a necessity, is something that you may rely on more then you know? How did you cope?




While at Coles yesterday, Joseph asked me what we needed.  I informed me that I needed a holiday.  His reply? "This IS your holiday Mummy".  Hmmm... thanks child...

2 comments: